Copper Alloy In Metal Spun
There are various alloys used in the copper cnc spinning process. The pure copper comes in light red. After the copper oxide film is formed on the surface, the appearance is purplish red. Copper metal sheets have strong physical and chemical properties, such as good electrical and thermal conductivity, especially the electrical conductivity is second only to silver, and its thermal conductivity is second only to gold and silver. Copper has great chemical stability, good corrosion resistance in the atmosphere, fresh water and seawater, good ductility, and can well withstand all kinds of cold and hot pressure processing. The disadvantage is that the strength and hardness are low, so it is generally not used as structural parts.
Copper is one of the most commonly used raw materials for metal spinning because it and its alloys have characteristics that make cnc spinning parts production fairly easy for manufacturers.
Copper sheet, or as it is sometimes referred to as “Electrolytic Tough Pitch Copper,” is a copper alloy composed of 99.6% copper and 0.4% oxygen. It has a reddish appearance from the high copper content. While copper metal is not very popular in the architectural community, save for occasional kitchen range hoods and exterior home decorative trim, it is commonly used for industrial applications in the form of round, square and flat bars.
Copper Alloys Used in Metal CNC Spinning
Generally, there are two common types of copper alloys used in Metal CNC Spinning, they both contain more than 99% copper and the remainder are impurities.
- Copper 101: known as an oxygen-free copper that has high purity, contains 99.99% Cu. It has exceptional conductivity and high ductility, it tends to work-harden but at a slow rate. C101 may be annealed to facilitate forming. Due to its high conductivity and ductility, it is an excellent material for electrical cnc spinning applications such as grounding strips, anodes, and circuit breakers.
- Copper 110: known as an ETP copper, it is also a highly pure metal with 99.90% Cu. It is the most readily accessible copper alloy on the market and is largely employed in electrical and thermal transfer applications such as heat exchanger fins and electrical switches.
Copper Spinning Service – Spun Copper Suppliers & Company
Copper is one of the most widely used metals in cnc spinning due to its exceptional ability for machining. Be-cu.com(Pintejin Group) Offering Precision CNC metal spinning services for copper. Can handle blanks up to 60 in. dia. with +/-0.015 in. tolerance. Capable of spinning materials up to 14 ga. thickness. Other capabilities include stamping, deep drawing and 2-axis laser cutting. Pintejin group has built a reputation of quality with an incredibly low level of returns, fast turn-around times, custom work, and design advice that cuts time and costs from production. Additional services such as assembly, trimming, blanking, spot/projection welding, hole piercing, cleaning, washing and CMM inspection are provided. Prototype to specialty, short to long run and low to high volume production offered. Serves the filtration, baghouse component, oil and gas, appliance, lighting, dust collector, table base, automotive, commercial, food, beverage and water industries. AutoCAD files accepted. To learn more about our copper cnc spinning capabilities, contact us today. To partner with us on your next project, request a quote.
The Advantage Of Copper Spinning
Metal spinning offers a range of advantages to those looking for a very versatile, streamlined process, including:
- Lower Costs – Compared to the tools employed in alternative forming methods, copper spinning tools are typically 10% of the cost.
- Shorter Lead Times – The copper spinning process amounts to significantly shorter turnaround times – tools and spun components can be available within weeks rather than months.
- Maximum Design Flexibility – copper spinning tools can be quickly and easily changed to accommodate evolving product designs, enabling flexibility when it’s needed most.
- Seamless, High-Quality Construction – copper spinning produces smooth, durable objects without seams or welds, for parts require feature superior strength and great aesthetics.
Our Case Studies Gallery Of Spun Copper CNC Spinning
Put Be-cu.com’ experience to work for all of your copper spinning and spin forming needs—from traditional manual copper spinning to cutting edge CNC copper spinning. The spun copper spinning process is perfect for a wide variety of industries that require consistent tolerances, fast turn-around, and uncompromising quality.
Precision CNC Spinning Art Lighting Accessories