Automotive Sheet Metal Fabrication Services On Demand
A keen advancement in part manufacturing technology in the automotive industry is responsible for the industry’s recognition as a major economic force globally. Before the introduction of automation and the rise in the popularity of parts made using automotive Sheet Metal Fabrication, part manufacturing was majorly by hand. However, we now have several automotive part manufacturing processes of which Sheet Metal Fabrication is popular.
The object of sheet metal work is the processing of metal components of different shapes from sheet metal or various profiles through the sheet metal working process. The use of sheet metal components in the manufacture and repair of cars is very common. In particular, most of the car coverings are made of sheet metal, which is easily corroded and damaged, so sheet metal manufacturing plays an extremely important role in the car parts industry.
Are you looking for sheet metal fabrication for Automotive? Be-cu.com(Pintejin Group) can perform precision fabrication for car sheet metal parts that can bring your unique designs to life. We specialize in stainless steel,aluminum,steel or other sheet metal manufacturing services, which is ideally suited for the complex shapes for parts used to manufacture housing,bracket,support,frame found in Cars, transporters, buses, SUVs and many other products.Trust in Be-cu suppliers for your automotive sheet metal parts fabrication. Click here to learn more about our precision car sheet metal parts today!
Aluminum Sheet Metal Fabrication For Automotive
Sheet Metal Fabrication is at the heart of automotive metalwork. From the most basic of small cars to the most rigorous of racing cars, sheet metal is used. In automotive sheet metal fabrication, manufacturers prefer aluminium for dashboards, bulkheads and most other uses, as aluminium is light, soft and easy to work with, its downside is that it tears easily and so requires a strong weld. Aluminium also polishes well and does not oxidise like steel.Aluminum sheet metal can be anodised, coloured and even pre-painted if required.
Automotive Sheet Metal Fabrication Process
- Laser Cutting Process: 2D laser fabrication is usually used for sheet metal parts drop-in, which has the advantages of fast speed and high precision. 3D laser is highly flexible and is particularly suitable for cutting small quantities of 3D sheet metal.
- Stamping: Used for the stretching and forming of 3D curved sheet metal
- CNC Machining: Through digital programming, products can be washed and cnc machined
- CNC Bending: CNC bending machines are used to bend sheet metal in the cold state into various geometric cross-sectional shapes using the moulds provided
Why Use Our Automotive Sheet Metal Fabrication Services
Be-cu.com(Pintejin Group) is one of the reliable precision sheet metal automotive parts manufacturer in the China. Our years professional sheet metal equipment provide you all-around care services that our experienced project engineers and machinists will analyze your project carefully and process it with the most efficient process of sheet metal fabrication automotive to to meet your design specification, while optimize your time and cost.The Top 6 Reasons:
- No MOQ:One-off aluminum laser cutting prototype part or large quantity parts. No matter the size of your order, we can handle it.
- Industry-best pricing:Our custom aluminum laser cutting process and technology allow us to offer competitive prices that can match any offer.
- Fast delivery:We have 44 laser cutter and other sheet metal fabrication equipment at our disposal and can take your project from engineering design to delivery faster than our competitors.
- Experienced Engineers:Our team has years of experience in a wide range of industries and can handle even the most challenging projects.
- High-precision and tight tolerance:We service the automotive,medical and electronic industries and can produce parts with tight tolerances. We also use precise tool holders and tools to ensure optimal precision and accuracy.
- Wide range of coatings & finishes:We can offer a wide range of coatings and finishes for your parts depending on your project requirements.
Our Capabilities And Case Studies Gallery Of Automotive Sheet Metal Fabrication
As a single-source manufacturing solutions provider, Be-cu.com offers a comprehensive group of services, including automotive sheet metal fabrication.
Using sheet metal fabrication, we manufacture automotive parts that exhibit a high degree of structural integrity. Automotive sheet metal parts have no seams, enabling them to tolerate high pressure, and the sheet metal process itself realigns the grain structure of the metal to improve tensile strength. The enhanced metallurgical properties allow the use of lighter gauge metals to achieve the desired strength characteristics, which saves on material cost. sheet metal fabrication also results in high-quality finishes that reduce the need for secondary operations.
Inside our sheet metal fabrication department, we manufacture parts for a variety of purposes, from automotive applications to medical equipment. We have the capacity to achieve tolerances as close as ±0.005” for specialty applications that require extreme precision. Our sheet metal fabrication capabilities are supported by our machining, fabrication, and finishing departments, making the use of sheet metal fabrication virtually limitless. For more information about the sheet metal fabrication process or any of our other production capabilities, contact us directly.
Metal Materials Of Automobile Sheet Metal
There are two main categories of metal materials commonly used in automotive sheet metal: ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Due to their performance and price, ferrous metals account for more than 90% of the materials used in automotive body sheet metal, while other materials account for less than 10%. To understand the metal materials used for automotive sheet metal, we must understand the following aspects.
- The requirements of metal materials for automotive sheet metal.
- The properties of commonly used metal materials, including mechanical properties, use properties and chemical properties.
- The specifications and varieties of commonly used metal materials and their applications in automobiles.
The Requirements Of Metal Materials For Automotive Sheet Metal
In modern life, the automobile is one of the most important means of transport in industry, agriculture and even in all walks of life, as well as one of the most important tools of human activity in everyday life. In the process of use, cars often work in extremely harsh environments, with heavy loads, high speeds, high vibrations, high dust, and often sun and rain, with very different working temperatures, thus putting forward more stringent requirements for the sheet metal parts of cars, especially the sheet metal coverings.
Good Mechanical Properties
As the car is often in a high-speed, heavy load, frequent vibration state, so for the car sheet metal parts, must have sufficient strength, suitable hardness, good toughness and good fatigue resistance, to ensure that the car in normal operation without deformation, without damage, to meet the needs of transport.
Good Process Performance
In the manufacture and repair of automobiles, the shape of many sheet metal structural parts is very complex. In order to avoid difficulties in sheet metal work, sheet metal materials are required to have good process properties, namely
- The sheet metal material must have good pressure processing properties to ensure the smooth forming of the sheet metal workpiece, i.e. good plasticity. It must have the ability to produce permanent deformation under the action of external forces without being damaged. For cold work parts, to have good cold plasticity, such as car parts stamping; for hot work parts, to have good thermoplasticity, such as hot forgings spring steel plate, hot rivets rivets, etc..
- good weldability. Many automotive sheet metal parts are welded together by spot welding, oxygen welding, arc welding or gas shielded welding, etc., so the sheet metal parts must have good welding performance. This is particularly important in the repair of automotive gouging, where good weldability provides high welding strength and a low tendency to crack.
Good Chemical Stability
Most of the automobile coverings work in the open air, often in contact with water and steam, especially like the muffler, which often works under high temperature and corrosive gas. This requires that the sheet metal parts must have good chemical stability, both in terms of corrosion resistance at room temperature and rust resistance, and also in terms of not being corroded and not being deformed under high temperature or sun exposure.
Good Dimensional Accuracy And Intrinsic Quality Of The Sheet Metal
The dimensional accuracy and intrinsic quality of the plate have a great impact on the sheet metal processing. It has a great influence on sheet metal processing, especially on moulded parts. The specific requirements are
- High dimensional accuracy, uniform thickness and no deformation.
- Smooth surface, high finish, no bubbles, shrinkage, scratches, cracks and other defects.
- No serious rust and oxidation skin and other adhesions.
- Uniform organization, no obvious difference in crystal organization and hardness.
Low Price, Economic And Practical
For any component of the car, in the case of meeting the working conditions, should be taken into account the economy. If ferrous metals can be used, non-ferrous metals should not be used; if non-ferrous metals can be used, precious metals should never be used. The life span of the sheet metal components of a car should be compatible with the life span of other components of the car.
Mechanical Properties Of Automotive Sheet Metal Materials
The mechanical properties of metal materials refer to the performance of metal materials under the action of external forces. It mainly includes strength, plasticity, elasticity, hardness and fatigue, etc.
- Strength: Strength refers to the ability of a metal material to resist deformation and damage under the action of static load. Commonly used to measure the strength of metal indicators are yield strength and tensile strength.
- Yield Strength: yield strength is also known as the yield limit. Metal material in the role of external force to a certain extent, even if the external force is no longer increased, and the deformation of the material will continue, this phenomenon is called “yielding”. The stress point at which the yielding phenomenon begins is called the yield point, expressed by the symbol o8. The higher the yield point of the material, the greater the load required to produce the plastic deformation. In sheet metal work, the material usually has to be changed into a variety of shapes, so the yield point of the rice material must be made suitable for the needs of sheet metal processing.
- Tensile Strength: Tensile strength is the maximum tensile force that a material can withstand before it is pulled off and is expressed by the symbol ob.