Safety and reliability are absolute standards in the automotive industry. In order to ensure the normal operation of laser welding equipment, the operating status of laser welding equipment must be strictly controlled.
An Overview Of The Purpose
The application of laser welding in automobile manufacturing has become commonplace. The degree of automation in automobile production is very high. In the body shop, the degree of automation can reach 80% to 97%. In the mass production process of automobiles, any small mistake may cause great personnel or Equipment damage, so the operating conditions of laser welding must be paid great attention. On the basis of years of research and development of laser brazing equipment, HGLASER Farley summarizes and organizes relevant technical indicators for reference.
Dry Run Process
There are many laser brazing station equipment in automobile factories, including lasers (including optical fibers and chillers), laser heads, welding machines, robots (clamping, welding), dust extractors, pallets for transfer, and laser safety doors (shielding the laser brazing process). scattered light) etc.
According to the on-site debugging and maintenance requirements, the equipment has two operating states: empty operation and mass production. In the process of dry operation, the equipment has no state change; in the process of mass production, the equipment emits light, feeds wire, and blows compressed air for protection according to the operating conditions.
In the dry running state, the control of the equipment, timing coordination, and the attitude of the laser brazing trajectory are tested. The horizontal sequence of the dry running flow chart represents the time sequence relationship, and the upper and lower sequences represent the synchronization of each device.
Laser Brazing Operating Conditions
Laser brazing is a process of cooperation between laser brazing system equipment and supporting equipment. There are laser brazing conditions, laser preparation conditions, robot preparation conditions, laser head preparation conditions, and welding machine preparation conditions. During the welding process, two conditions can be monitored. parameters, including welding air curtain and wire loop status.
In order to monitor the laser brazing system during the automatic operation and observe the equipment status, the laser brazing station is equipped with a PLC industrial computer and a display screen (as shown in Figure 3).
Description Of Laser Brazing Monitoring Signal
Not all signals are monitored at the same time, some conditions must be met before laser welding (READY FOR WELD), and the air curtain (Blow Flow Status) and welding loop current (Arc Stable) status can be monitored during laser welding (WELDING).
- Crash Sensor Status; detect the collision signal, when the welding head on the sixth axis collides, the signal will be ON, and the signal will be OFF in normal state;
- Scansonic Active: The laser head is in an active state, and this signal is always ON under normal conditions;
- Scansonic Warning: Laser head alarm;
- Scansonic Failed: The laser head reports an error;
- Laser System Error: The laser system reports an error. This alarm will appear when the external safety conditions are not satisfied (access door is open, IPG door is open) and there is an internal laser error;
- Laser Module Error: Laser mode error;
- Laser Assigned: Laser light output request;
- Laser is on: The laser light path is open, and the signal is ON when the light is emitted normally;
- Laser is Ready: the laser light path is ready;
- Laser no busy: the laser light path is not busy;
- Power Source Ready: The wire feeder power is ready;
- Comm Ready: The wire feeder is ready for communication;
- WeldClampClosed: The welding machine ground clamp is OK;
- Robot Access: The robot controlled signal is OK;
- Robot Speed100% Status: In automatic mode, the robot speed is 100% (background SPS program has been added), and the robot speed must be 100% when light is emitted;
- Robot Mode: The light output must be in automatic or T2 mode;
- ARC Stable: The current signal of the welding machine circuit is OK.