Precision high-speed stamping technology is a high-tech that integrates precision high-speed pressure technology, high-precision stamping die technology, high-quality product material technology, and highly automated control technology. It adopts precision high-speed stamping technology for mass stamping production, with high production efficiency, High quality, high consistency, energy saving, manpower saving, low cost and safe production, etc., have been paid more and more attention by various production industries.
View More Articles:
At the same time, with the rapid development of product technologies such as automobiles, home appliances, electric power and electronic communications, the demand for precision stamping parts is increasing, the technical requirements are also getting higher and higher, and the application of precision high-speed stamping is becoming more and more extensive. How to improve the service life of precision high-speed stamping dies is also closely concerned by more and more high-speed stamping-related enterprises. High-speed, automated and continuous stamping production by precision high-speed presses is an effective way to improve stamping production efficiency. The number of strokes per minute of the slider of the precision high-speed press is more than 5 times that of the ordinary press of similar tonnage.
The stamping parts produced by the precision high-speed press not only have high precision and good surface quality, but also have a long die life. Compared with ordinary stamping, precision high-speed stamping Often has the following characteristics: complex structure, high precision and high-speed stamping dies are generally progressive dies. There are several or even dozens of working steps on the continuous stamping die. Through positioning, punching, shearing, stretching, bending, Trimming, shearing and other methods are combined to form. Therefore, a large number of wire cutting and inlay structures are required in mold manufacturing, and there are certain requirements for processing technology and equipment.
The product quality requirements are high, the blanking gap of the precision high-speed stamping die is small, the flash and burr after the product is formed are small or even no, and the punching surface has few tearing strips.For flat products with simple shapes (silicon steel sheet as shown in Figure 1), good surface quality and flatness can be obtained, and high efficiency is suitable for mass production. The speed of precision high-speed stamping is hundreds to thousands of times per minute. It is generally thin plate stamping, and the production efficiency is high, which is suitable for mass production. Some foreign companies divide the small-tonnage precision high-speed presses into four speed grades according to the number of slider strokes. Normal speed << 250 times/min); -400 times/min), high speed <400-1m0 times> 1000 times/min) Based on the above characteristics, the mold manufacturing of precision high-speed stamping often has the following characteristics
High Precision Mold Requirements
The blanking gap of precision high-speed stamping dies is very small, and some dies can reach the thickness of m. In the mold manufacturing, a lot of slow wire walking, fine grinding and even optical projection grinding are required, so the price of a set of precision high-speed stamping dies is at least Hundreds of thousands, the proportion of mold materials in the total cost of molds is very low.
In order to achieve long-term high-efficiency production, precision high-speed stamping requires that the die cannot be deformed and dimensionally changed under high-frequency punching pressure, so precision high-speed stamping dies need quenching and cryogenic cooling during heat treatment, or secondary cryogenic cooling combined to ensure dimensional stability
The life of a set of precision high-speed stamping dies is at least millions of times and can reach hundreds of millions of times. Therefore, the tooling cost allocated to each product is quite low. Because the products punched by precision high-speed stamping dies are usually relatively thin, the die has high precision, and the stamping speed is very high, the main failure modes of high-speed stamping are wear, chipping and cracking.
The products of precision high-speed stamping are usually thin sheets, and the output is often very high. The wear mechanism of the die is mainly the abrasive wear of the cutting edge. Correspondingly, it is necessary to choose a die steel with good wear resistance in the die design. The heat treatment hardness of steel should be as high as possible without chipping and cracking. For molds that are prone to chipping and cracking, the mold material should consider selecting high ductility and toughness.
Die steel, such as powder metallurgy tools steel. Serious chipping and cracking are more likely to occur when punching thick sheets. In this case, you can consider choosing base steel and matching with high-quality PVD coating. The processing method and quality of the mold also have a great impact on the life of the mold. . For example, the white layer of wire cutting is easy to cause the occurrence of mold chipping. It is necessary to pay attention to the wire cutting process and remove the remaining white layer after wire cutting.
Method For Improving The Life Of Precision High-Speed Stamping Die
The use of new precision high-speed stamping die steel to improve the life of the die requires many aspects, and the die material is a very critical point. Advanced production processes often require molds to operate in harsh working environments for a long time, which requires mold steel that can withstand extreme environmental tests to take on the heavy responsibility to achieve the lowest single-piece stamping production cost. The same is true for precision high-speed stamping dies, which can use high-quality powder metallurgy tool steel to meet the challenges of ultra-high production.
Powder metallurgy tool steel is very suitable for precision high-speed stamping dies, and has been widely used. ASSAB adopts the latest third-generation powder steel smelting technology, based on the successful research and development experience of previous powder metallurgy series steels, so that the launch of ASSAB SuperCIean (Ultra-purity).
Powder metallurgy tool steel has excellent characteristics and ultra-high purity, which is suitable for different die failure problems encountered in precision high-speed stamping and to meet the needs of high-speed stamping dies for products of different materials. Such as: ASSAB PM23, PM30 have high mixed wear resistance and anti-chipping properties, suitable for thin processed materials, such as cold-rolled steel, martensitic or austenitic stainless steel, aluminum, etc. ASSAB PM60, V10 have extremely high performance High mixed wear resistance, suitable for machining very thin materials with abrasive wear, such as silicon steel sheets, sealing washers, or occasions where cemented carbide is prone to cracking and chipping ASSAB Vanadis4Extra has high resistance to adhesive wear and chipping Corner performance, suitable for soft and thick machined materials such as austenitic stainless steel, mild steel copper and aluminum.
PVD Coating Technology
Among the surface modification technologies, PVD coating is one of the most advanced and widely used technologies in the mold industry. By selecting targeted coatings, the surface properties such as hardness, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance and friction characteristics of the working surface can be improved Optimized to improve resistance to various surface failures. ASSAB adopts Eifeler’s latest PVD coating equipment and technology, and its patented Alpha series PVD coating machine has been widely used in the industry for its excellent performance.
The use of PVD coating technology to coat key parts of the mold can improve the wear resistance of the mold, reduce the “oxidation” corrosion of the mold, reduce the friction between the mold and the workpiece, prevent the occurrence of sticking, improve the surface quality of the product, and at the same time improve the mold The product output of precision high-speed stamping is often very high, and manufacturers usually expect the mold to have a long service life. When there are no matrix problems such as chipping, cracking and plastic deformation, PVD coating technology can be greatly improved. The wear resistance of the mold can significantly improve the life of the mold, and the PVD coating is very thin, which can ensure that the mold can be used normally after the coating treatment, and the size is still within the allowable error range of the precision high-speed stamping mold.
There are various ways to improve the life of precision high-speed stamping dies, involving precision high-speed stamping equipment, process parameters, performance of stamping sheets, production management, manufacturing methods and maintenance of dies, selection of die materials and surface coatings. Among them, the correct selection of reasonable mold materials and PVD coatings, together with the correct mold processing technology, play a key role in improving the service life of precision high-speed stamping dies.Improving the life of precision high-speed stamping dies is essential for maintaining productivity and reducing production costs. Here are several ways to extend the lifespan of these critical tools:
- Material Selection:Choose high-quality, wear-resistant materials for the stamping dies, such as tool steel or carbide. High-speed steel (HSS) and powdered metallurgy steels are commonly used options.Consider using coatings like TiN, TiCN, or DLC (diamond-like carbon) to enhance wear resistance and reduce friction.
- Proper Design:Work closely with a skilled tool designer to create dies with optimal geometry and stress distribution.Incorporate features like radius corners and smooth transitions to reduce stress concentrations and wear.
- Precision Manufacturing:Use advanced machining techniques to produce precise and high-quality dies.Ensure proper heat treatment to achieve the desired hardness and toughness levels.
- Lubrication and Cooling:Implement an effective lubrication system to reduce friction and heat during stamping operations.Consider using die coatings or lubricants specifically designed for high-speed stamping.
- Die Maintenance:Regularly inspect and maintain stamping dies to identify wear, cracks, or other issues early on.Implement a preventive maintenance schedule to clean, sharpen, and repair dies as needed.
- Die Protection:Install sensors and monitoring systems to detect unusual forces, temperatures, or vibrations during stamping, allowing for immediate adjustments or shutdowns if necessary.Implement overload protection devices to prevent excessive forces from damaging the dies.
- Proper Feeding and Handling:Ensure that the material being stamped is clean and free from contaminants, as these can accelerate wear.Use precision feeding systems to minimize misfeeds and excessive force on the dies.
- Operator Training:Train operators in the proper setup, operation, and maintenance of stamping equipment.Emphasize safe and efficient stamping practices to reduce wear and tear.
- Process Optimization:Continuously monitor and optimize the stamping process to reduce unnecessary stress on the dies.Adjust stamping parameters such as speed, feed rate, and pressure for optimal performance.
- Quality Control:Implement strict quality control measures to ensure that the stamped parts meet specifications, reducing the need for rework and potential damage to the dies.
- Die Storage:Store stamping dies properly in a clean, controlled environment to prevent corrosion and damage during downtime.
- Die Repair and Refurbishment:When wear and damage become significant, consider die refurbishment or repair services provided by specialized shops to extend the die’s life.
- Data Analytics:Utilize data analytics and machine learning algorithms to predict maintenance needs based on historical performance data, reducing unplanned downtime.
By implementing these strategies, you can significantly extend the life of precision high-speed stamping dies, reduce production costs, and ensure consistent product quality. Regular monitoring and a proactive approach to maintenance are key to success in this regard.
Sheet fabrication services for mild steel, high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel, cold/hot rolled steel, galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass. Capable of fabricating parts up to 12 ft. length and +/-0.001 in. tolerance. Various capabilities include contract manufacturing,custom stamping,edge rolling, forming,top laser cutting, roll bending and welding. Finishing and secondary services such as hardware installation, tapping, deburring, cleaning, heat treating, plating, anodizing and painting available. Sheet Metal Prototype and low to high volume production runs offered. Suitable for commercial/residential architectural, aluminum brake shape parts, wall panel systems, brackets, general flashings, rails, call button plates and ship building component parts.