Die production is one of the common production types in machining centers. The editor summarizes the common problems of stamping dies and lists some solutions for your reference.
1. Scrap jumping hole
- If the punch length is not enough, press the punch edge to cut into the die with a material thickness plus 1mm to replace the punch
- The gap of the die is too large, cut the sub to reduce the gap or use a coating machine to reduce the gap
- The punch or template is not demagnetized, use a demagnetizer to demagnetize the punch or template
2. Waste plugging hole
- The blanking hole is small or the blanking hole is offset to increase the blanking hole to make the blanking smooth
- The blanking hole has a chamfer, enlarge the blanking hole to remove the chamfer
- The taper of the knife edge is not placed, the taper of the line cutting or the expansion hole on the reverse side reduces the length of the straight wall
- The straight wall of the knife edge is too long, and the reverse side is drilled to shorten the straight wall of the knife edge
- The cutting edge is collapsed, resulting in a large drape, and the material is blocked to re-grind the cutting edge.
3. Bad Front
- The cutting edge is collapsed, causing the drape to be too large to re-grind the cutting edge
- The gap between the punch and the die is too large, the wire is cut into the block, and the gap is reconfigured
- The finish of the die edge is poor, and the polishing edge is straight on the wall
- The gap between the punch and the die is too small, save the die again and match the gap
- If the ejecting force is too large, pull out the front and change the spring in the opposite direction to reduce the ejecting force.
4. Uneven trimming
- Positioning offset adjustment positioning
- There is unilateral molding, the material is pulled to increase the pressing force, and the positioning is adjusted.
- The design is wrong, causing the knife to be uneven and re-cutting the edge inserts
- The feeding is not allowed to adjust the feeder
- If there is an error in the calculation of the feeding step, recalculate the step and reset the pick-up position
5. The punch is easy to break
- The closing height is too low, the punch cutting into the knife edge is too long, adjust the closing height
- Improper positioning of the material, causing the punching punch to cut unilaterally, adjusting the positioning or breaking the feeding device due to uneven force
- The waste of the lower die blocks the knife edge, causing the punch to break and re-drilling the large blanking hole to make the blanking smooth.
- Repair the fixed part (clamp) of the punch and the guide part or re-cut the block to make the punch go up and down smoothly (plate) offset
- The guide of the punching plate is poor, causing the punch to be stressed on one side and re-adjusting the punching plate gap
- The punch edge is too short, and it interferes with the punching plate to replace the punch and increase the length of the edge part
- The punch is not fixed well, move up and down and re-fix the punch so that it cannot move up and down
- The punch edge is not sharp and re-grind the edge
- The surface of the punch is strained, and the force is uneven when the material is removed, and the punch is replaced again.
- The punch is too thin, too long, and the strength is not enough to change the type of punch
- The hardness of the punch is too high, the material of the punch is not correct, replace the material of the punch, and adjust the hardness of the heat treatment
6. Iron filings
- Recalculate the position of the bead or the bending position when the bead is dislocated
- The bending gap is too small, extrude iron filings to readjust the gap, or grind the forming block, or grind the forming punch
- The bending punch is too sharp to repair the R angle
- If the material of the knife edge is too small, reconnect the knife edge
- The bead is too narrow, regrind the bead
7. Poor germination
- The center of the sprouting bottom hole and the center of the sprouting punch do not coincide to determine the correct center position, or move the sprouting punch position, or move it to the sprouting-side high-side low or even break the pre-punching position, or adjust the positioning
- The gap of the die is not uniform, resulting in low bud gap or even rupture
- The bottom hole of budding does not meet the requirements, resulting in the height of budding and the recalculation of the diameter of the bottom hole, the increase or decrease of the diameter deviation of the pre-punched hole, and even the rupture
8. Poor molding
- The punch of the forming die is too sharp, causing the material to be cracked.
- The length of the forming punch is not enough, resulting in failure to calculate the correct length of the punch to adjust the actual length of the punch to meet the forming requirements
- The forming punch is too long, and the material at the forming place is deformed. Even determine the correct length of the punch, and adjust the actual length of the punch to meet the requirements until the punch breaks.
- The material at the forming place is not enough to cause cracking. Calculate the unfolding material, or repair the R angle, or reduce the forming height
- Poor positioning, resulting in poor molding adjustment positioning or feeding device
- The forming gap is too small, causing cracking or deformation to adjust the gap
9. Bending size
- The angle error caused by the mold is not adjusted in place, resulting in poor dimensional adjustment and poor closing height or poor angle difference
- The elastic force is not enough to cause the angle to be bad, resulting in the size deviation. Change the spring
- The material does not meet the requirements, resulting in a bad angle, which leads to changing the size of the material or re-adjusting the gap deviation.
- The deviation of the material thickness causes the angle to be bad, which leads to the size deviation.
- Improper positioning leads to size deviation Adjust positioning to make the size OK
- There is repair welding and grinding between the bending male blocks due to design or processing errors, eliminating the gap between the blocks, resulting in a small bending size
- The forming male has no R angle, and the bending height is too small under the forming male repairing R angle under the angle and other normal conditions.
- The bending size on both sides is too large for the compression rib
- Unilateral bending and pulling materials cause dimensional instability, increase the spring force, and adjust the positioning
- The gap is unreasonable, causing poor angle and size deviation to repair the gap
- The height of the folding knife is not enough, and the folding punch is too short to fit into the folding knife. Increase the height of the folding knife, so that the bending punch can fit into the position of the folding knife as much as possible, resulting in more bad angles.
- When the bending speed is too fast, it will cause the deformation of the bending root. Adjust the speed ratio control and select a reasonable speed
- The structure is unreasonable, the folding knife is not inserted into the fixed template, the slot is re-milled, and the gap becomes larger when the folding knife is inserted into the template for stamping
- The hardness of the forming public heat treatment is not enough, causing the pressure line to collapse or the remolding public pressure line to be leveled
10. No unloading
- Improper positioning or improper feeding Adjust the positioning or feeding device
- The avoidance is not enough to repair the avoidance
- The inner guide column is strained, resulting in poor plate-playing activity. Replace the inner guide column.
- The punch is pulled or the surface is not smooth to replace the punch
- Unreasonable arrangement of ejector pins and re-arrangement of ejector pins
- The ejecting force is not enough, or the ejecting force is not enough to replace the ejecting spring or ejecting spring
- The punch and the splint are not matched smoothly. Repair the punch and the splint to make the punch fit smoothly.
- The forming slider does not fit smoothly. Trim the slider and the guide groove to make it fit smoothly.
- The heat treatment of the punching plate is uncomfortable. After a period of time, the punching plate is deformed and the punching plate is re-grinded to correct the deformation.
- The punch is too long or the length of the ejector pin is not enough to increase the length of the ejector pin or replace the punch with a suitable length
- Replace the punch when the punch is broken
- The template is not magnetic, and the workpiece is brought up to the template to demagnetize
11. Feeding is not smooth
- The mold is not straight, causing the material belt and the feeder and the mold to re-frame the mold or adjust the feeder not on the same line
- Adjust the leveling machine for unevenness of the material belt or replace the material
- If the feeding is not smooth due to the unloading, please refer to the solutions for the unloading
- The positioning is too tight to adjust the positioning
- The guide pin is too tight or the straight wall is too long, adjust the guide pin
- The punch is not fixed well or is too long and interferes with the material belt. Replace the punch with the appropriate length and fix it again.
- The ejector pin is too short, and the material belt interferes with the forming block. Adjust the length of the ejector pin to avoid interference.
- The position of the floating block is improperly arranged to adjust the position of the floating block
12. Poor riveting
- Improper mold closing height, riveting is not in place, adjust the closing height
- The workpiece is not in place, and the positioning deviation is adjusted and positioned
- Confirm the sprouting hole if the workpiece is defective before riveting, and check whether the riveting hole is chamfered by referring to the countermeasures for the defective sprouting hole. If there is no chamfering, increase the chamfering.
- If the length of the riveting punch is not enough, use a punch with a suitable length
- Confirm that the riveting punch does not meet the requirements and use the riveting punch that meets the requirements
13. Missing or missing
- Accidentally set the wrong punch immediately and carefully
- The punch has no direction mark, and the punch with direction is marked
14. Install the wrong screw
- Do not know the thickness of the template to understand that the thickness of the template is too long or too short
- Not careful enough and lack of experience to select appropriate screws
15. Disassembly and assembly of the mold
- The pin holes have not been cleaned. Clean the pin holes and pins. When removing the mold, the positioning pins should be removed first. When the mold is easily damaged, the screws should be used to guide the alignment first, and then the positioning pin holes should be drilled.
- The procedure of assembling and disassembling the mold is not correct, do not damage the pin hole when knocking down the pin
16. Dowel pins
- The wall of the hole is rough, and when the mold is too tight due to scratches, carefully check whether the pin hole is rough, otherwise the pin hole that cannot be drilled should be re-reamed
- The pin hole is offset or there is no escape hole below, and the positioning pin escape hole is added.
17. The spring is too long
- Without paying attention to the depth of the spring hole, measure the depth of the spring hole and calculate the compression amount of the spring.
- Not careful enough, inexperienced, and appropriate lower dead point of the spring
Sheet fabrication services for mild steel, high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel, cold/hot rolled steel, galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass. Capable of fabricating parts up to 12 ft. length and +/-0.001 in. tolerance. Various capabilities include contract manufacturing,custom stamping,edge rolling, forming,top laser cutting, roll bending and welding. Finishing and secondary services such as hardware installation, tapping, deburring, cleaning, heat treating, plating, anodizing and painting available. Sheet Metal Prototype and low to high volume production runs offered. Suitable for commercial/residential architectural, aluminum brake shape parts, wall panel systems, brackets, general flashings, rails, call button plates and ship building component parts.