Nowadays, the profit of the foundry industry is getting lower and lower. In order to ensure the quality of castings, the caster must consider reducing the cost. Next, InterContinental Editor will help the caster to split the lost foam process cost to see how the lost foam process reduces the cost. .
Lost foam casting is especially suitable for castings with multi-parts, multiple cores, complex geometric shapes and complex cavities that are difficult to complete by ordinary casting. Therefore, the cost comparison should have a high degree, and the cost of a simple iron casting using a cupola and a pile of clay sand cannot be compared with the lost foam casting.
Cost analysis is very simple and can include two aspects, namely cost increase factors and cost reduction factors. The difference between these two factors is the amount of cost increase or decrease after the lost foam casting process is adopted.
Original cost minus EPC cost reduction factor + EPC cost increase factor = EPC cost
1. The cost increase factors of lost foam casting
The cost increase of lost foam casting mainly comes from two aspects: foam model and paint consumption.
Each ton of casting consumes 3,000 grams of foam type (including the pouring riser). If you produce the foam model yourself, the cost per gram is 0.02 yuan. That is, each ton of foam type consumes 60 yuan; if the foam model is purchased out, it is at most 0.03 to 0.05 yuan per gram. That is, it consumes 90 to 150 yuan per ton of castings. The paints are all self-made, the aggregate price is between 500 and 1,000 yuan, and the amount of other ingredients is less, calculated at 1,000 yuan per ton of dry powder coating, even for thin-walled parts, it can only consume 50-60 kg per ton, that is, no more than 100 yuan.
Therefore, the cost of lost foam casting increases, which can be defined as:
- ① Self-made foam model: about 160 yuan; (changes with the market)
- ②Buy bubble model: about 200-250 yuan (changes with the market)
2. Factors to reduce the cost of lost foam casting
- (1) Dry sand is repeatedly used, no core is required, and the consumption is small, so calculations can be omitted. Compared with cast steel, it can save more than 1.2 tons of molding sand per ton of castings. Compared with cast iron, it can save additional material cost, mold shell firing cost, core making cost, and core iron cost.
- (2) The styling efficiency is obviously improved, no styling workers are needed, and the labor can be saved by more than 40%-60%.
- (3) The cleaning man-hour can be saved by 90%, and the steel casting can save the gas consumption of cutting burrs.
- (4) The yield of molten iron is increased by 10-30%, especially for ductile iron parts, which can be poured without riser.
- (5) Stainless steel, high manganese steel and ductile iron can be solid-solution treated with waste heat, which greatly saves energy consumption.
- (6) Wooden molds are not required for a single product.
- (7) The improvement of casting precision can realize no-processing or micro-processing, which not only reduces the weight of the casting, but also saves the cost of mechanical processing man-hours.
In short, the cost of lost foam is significantly lower than that of traditional processes, which is beyond doubt.
The Detail Of BE-CU Die Casting Company
If you are looking for dependable volume manufacturing metal parts supplier with High pressure die casting service who offers you competitive price, good service and quality for aluminium die casting, zinc, or magnesium die casting, then BE-CU Prototype are surely a partner you are looking for to fulfill all your die casting needs. With quality service and state of art technology, BE-CU indeed claim in providing quality pressure die casting including aluminum/zamak/magnesium alloy castings to our customers all over the world.
To work with us,be-cu don’t just stop at taking your order and delivering your die casting products. be-cu are there for you at every step right from your preferred selection of aluminum die casting, Zamak die casting (Zamak 2, Zamak 3, Zamak 5, Zamak 8) or magnesium die casting products and services to post-order phase. In brief, once you become our customer, be-cu are with you every step on the way.
CNC Machining Gas Stove Bottom Joint
Gravity Die Casting Custom Street Light Heat Sink
Die Casting LED Canopy Lights Heatsink For Gas Station
Zinc Die Casting PA10 Transformer Connector Terminal