Carbon fiber composite materials have a series of excellent properties such as high strength, light weight, high temperature resistance, creep resistance, and shock resistance, and are very popular. As an emerging material in the 21st century, the design and production of its structural components are significantly different from general structures, and the design and production processes of materials, structures and processes are completed at the same time. In this article, the editor will talk about the characteristics of carbon fiber composite structural parts.
1. Material design, structural design and process design should be carried out at the same time. In the design of carbon fiber composite components, in addition to considering the matrix material, the layup plan is also designed according to the force characteristics of the component, and the influence of the process plan on the component is also considered.
2. The designability of structural characteristics. The strength and stiffness of carbon fiber resin matrix composites depend on the laying direction of carbon fibers, the content of fibers, and the matrix properties of the resin.
3. The anisotropy of the material. The strength and stiffness of carbon fiber composites along the fiber direction are many times greater than those perpendicular to the fiber direction, and often such a failure mode occurs during the stress process: the fiber direction that bears the main load is not damaged, but low pressure in other directions. The damage occurred under the component design, which should be paid attention to. In addition, the anisotropy of materials is also manifested in that the normal stress on the composite layer of the component will cause shear strain, the shear stress will cause linear strain, the bending distance will cause torsional deformation, and the torsion may also cause bending deformation.
4. Material inhomogeneity. Carbon fiber composites are inhomogeneous both macroscopically and microscopically. This inhomogeneity brings about the coupling effect of components, that is, in the case of small deformation, the in-plane internal force will cause bending deformation, and the bending internal force will cause in-plane deformation. , so that the damage forms of the components are complex and diverse.
5. Lower interlayer performance. The shear strength of metal is about 50% of its tensile strength, while the interlaminar shear strength and interlaminar tensile strength of carbon fiber composite components can only reach the shear strength and tensile strength of the matrix resin. The selection of resin matrix is very important.
China Be-cu Prototype Material Technology Co., Ltd. has mastered the efficient molding process of composite material molding, bag pressing, inflation, winding and so on. It has advanced production lines for fiber reinforced composite material sheets, pipes, molding, autoclave, CNC machining, etc., and is equipped with standardized production workshops such as 10,000-level clean rooms, providing complete software and hardware facilities for the production of high-performance fiber composite materials. Carbon fiber products in the fields of rail transit, automobile, aviation, military industry, etc. can be processed according to customer’s drawings.
ISO 9001 certified. BE-CU Prototype Offering CNC machining carbon fiber and other manufacturing services for carbon fiber marterial. Various capabilities include notching, labeling, drilling carbon fiber, grinding, laser cutting carbon fiber, finishing, plating, marking, CNC milling carbon fiber and turning carbon fiber.We stock high quality 3k carbon fiber sheet in a variety of thickness, types and finish. Its a great material used in applications where light weight and strength are needed such as drones. Unlike other workshops, we have no min order and are often filling orders with a single part. We also don’t make you pay for the full sheet and you only get charged for what is used. With a large selection of material, you should find everything you need to make your project come to life. We are also able to handle larger production runs and provide a competitive pricing. If we don’t have the material or finish you require, we are more the willing to look at bringing it in for you.
What Is Carbon Fiber?Carbon fiber is made of polyacrylonitrile (PAN) (or pitch, viscose) and other organic fibers by carbonization (removal of most elements except carbon) by pyrolysis method under inert gas at high temperature above 1,000 °C. Inorganic polymer fibers with a carbon content of more than 90%.